Saturday 10 November 2012

More Post Halloween Savings!

I started two new jobs this week; yes, two! Trying to amp up the savings account, and this seemed like a good way to do it. It allows the flexibility to keep up my private consulting and still make some extra dough. ANYWAYS! So I got a job a Superstore Optical as a part time clerk. It's a lot of fun so far and a very cool challenge. Today during my shift, my trainer and I were watching people come through the grocery tills. Everybody had huge piles and carts full of Halloween decor, costumes, and accessories. We thought that they must be really discounted! Following about 30 minutes of watching these huge hauls check out, we had to go scope it out. What did we find, you ask?! Everything- and I mean everything to do with Halloween decorations was on for $0.05!!!! FIVE CENTS! We couldn't stop laughing, and then even picked out a few things we would purchase once we were off shift.

Awesome way to save on decoration; buy post season! Why not stock up on stuff after the fact, and then you have all new things the next year! Genius! Then you get new stuff and next year avoid spending the high cost of the novelty items when the season or holiday is approaching. Yippie!

Happy Saving!
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment